Yarn winding process in textile spinning:
The word winding means wrapping. After preparing the yarn in the spinning frame, it is not used directly in the loom for making cloth. Some tasks are required before using yarn in the loom. For example, the need to make beams drawn by a thread. First, you have to transfer to a yarn package through a winding machine. Beams and sizing are then used to prepare warps beams which are used as drawn beams. Similarly, the yarn is prepared for use as a yarn by transferring the yarn to a cop or pern according to its needs. https://bdfabric.com/yarn-conditioning-system-in-textile-spinning/
Hank-sized yarns are available in the market for the convenience of weaving cloth, free from any objectionable defects like slabs, naps, thick and thin, etc. Conventionally, it is wrapped in a package such as a pern, cup and thick, etc. for use as weaving. Winding is the process of weaving yarn from large bobbins into large packages or different packages. The method of winding in the form of the cone from a spinning ring bobbin or a hank purchased from the market is called winding. And winding eliminates some of the defects of the yarn as well as the wrapping in any package. https://bdfabric.com/advantages-of-yarn-conditioning/
Yarn winding process in textile spinning-The necessity of winding:
There are two types of windings used for weaving.
(A) Warp winding
(B) Weft winding
(A) The purpose or necessity of warp winding:
1. To get a lot of long yarn at once.
2. Creating a convenient winding package from the ring bobbin obtained from the spinning department.
3. Soft cone is made to dye the yarn directly when needed.
4. To remove any defects in the yarn, such as slabs, naps, knots, thick and thin, etc.
5. to make beams by drawing yarn, for arranging in the creel.
6. Convenient package for making warp beams.
(B) The purpose or necessity of weft winding:
1. The use of looms is to convert the yarn into a cop or pern package.
2. Conveniently converted into a soft package for dyeing as weft yarn.
3. Large package of the size required for use in modern weaving i.e. conversion to the cone.
4. Helping to increase efficiency in the next process.
Types of winding:
Different types of winding are done keeping in view the demand. The winding is divided into three parts based on the size of the package, usage, etc.
1. Parallel winding
2. Near parallel winding
3. Cross winding
1. Parallel winding:
2. Near parallel winding:
In this type of winding package, one or more yarns form layers at almost parallel positions with each other, but the layers gradually take up position on the inside of the package. Such as Pern, Cop, etc.
3. Cross winding:
In this type of winding package, there is only one yarn that forms layers one after the other at a certain angle and completes the winding work by crossing the layers with each other, such as cones, etc.