Stripping of acid from wool:
If after acid dyeing the shade is more than required after dyeing, stripping by the following method can be done: https://bdfabric.com/acrylic-fabric-dyeing-by-acid-dye/
1) With the help of Sodium Hydrosulfide.
2) By light solution of bleaching powder.
3) By potassium dichromate and acetic acid.
4) Formosol and formic acid.
Table of Contents
1) Sodium hydrosulfide:
Take 20 times the weight of water in a container and add 2-3% sodium hydrosulfide in it and treat the wool at 45°C.
2) Stripping of acid from wool-Bleaching powder:
1°Tw bleaching powder solution is applied to the wool for a while it is cold.
3) Potassium dichromate and acetic acid:
After boiling in 3% potassium dichromate and 3% acetic acid solution and boiling for 10-15 minutes, the color of wool rises.
4) Formosol and formic acid:
Formosol →2-4% (on fabric weight)
Formic acid → 1.5 – 2.5% (on fabric weight)
Temperature → 100°C
Time →until colorless
Water →15 times
In a container, 15 times the weight of the product is taken with water and the same amount of formaldehyde and formic acid is mixed with it. The dyed cloth is then boiled at a temperature of 100°C until the cloth becomes colorless.
Stripping of acid from wool-Commercial name of acid dye: