Sliver spinning system in jute spinning:
Table of Contents
This method is commonly used for thick yarn. The yarn is made in this way by the crisped sliver obtained from the finisher drawing. But it is also possible to get thin yarn. In this case 3rd drawing frame should be used. Count range 10-20 lbs. /spindle, sliver spinning system is currently used all over the world. https://bdfabric.com/description-of-drafting-system-used-in-jute-spinning-system/
Types of sliver spinning system:
There are two types of sliver spinning systems. https://bdfabric.com/jute-spinning-frame-and-its-objectives/
(A)Slip draft sliver spinning system
(B)Apron draft sliver spinning system
(A) Features of slip draft sliver spinning system:
Sliver spinning system in jute spinning. The features of the slip draft sliver spinning system are as follows:
1. Rollers are used in the drafting zone.
2. It is not possible to control tiny fibers while spinning.
3. Yarn release rate is usually higher.
5. Suitable for producing yarn of medium and high count.
6. The quality of the yarn is not very good.
7. The range of drafts is very small.
(B) Features of apron draft sliver spinning system:
The features of apron draft sliver spinning system are given below:
1. Aprons are used in the drafting zone.
2. Tiny fiber control is good.
3. Roller lapping is low.
4. Yarn release rate is relatively low.
5. The maximum speed of the spindle is 4800 R.P.M, so the production is higher.
6. It is possible to prepare very fine yarn.
7. The range of drafts is also much larger.
8. Newly designed flyers are used.
9. Automatic blowers are used to clean the machine.
Advantages of sliver spinning system:
Advantages of sliver spinning system are given below,
1. Production is higher than rove spinning.
2. It is possible to keep the machine running for too long. That means the lifetime of the machine is much longer.
3. Production costs are relatively low.
4. Flyer speed is normal.
5. The operating of the machine is easy and simple.
6. The capacity of sliver cans is high.
7. The machine can be turned off automatically.
8. It is possible to close any 1 spindle by mechanical stop motion.