Roving frame introduction objects functions:
Table of Contents
Another name for the roving frame is Speed Frame or Fly Frame. It is also called simplex. The machine used to refine the slivers into roving before spinning and after the drawing is called the roving frame. The sliver obtained from the drawing frame is too coarse, which makes it impossible to make yarn by direct drafting. Therefore the sliver is finer by using a machine intermediate between these two machines, thereby eliminating the need for an excessive draft on the spinning frame. https://bdfabric.com/quality-parameters-of-woven-knitted-and-non-woven-fabrics/
The product produced by the simplex machine is called roving. A collection of continuous parallel fibers with slight twists, ready to be converted into yarn, hence roving. The roving is slightly twisted so that the parallel fibers do not tear easily. Before the leading drafting in the spinning frame, a slight draft is given to the rear zone to release this twist, this draft is called a break draft.
Objects of roving frame:
The objects of the roving frame machine are as follows:
1. Roving is made by reducing the weight of a unit length of sliver obtained from the drawing frame.
2. The fibers are slightly twisted to prevent them from unraveling from the roving.
3. The roving is wound on the bobbin in a fixed pattern to facilitate the transfer.
Essentials of simplex machines:
Slivers obtained from drawing frames cannot be directly used in ring frames. A machine used between the drawing frame and the ring frame is the simplex. So the essentials of a simplex machine are many which are given below
1. The slivers made from the drawing frame are relatively coarse, which will likely make the yarn irregular.
2. If the yarn is made with excess draft by sliver, the yarn is likely to be coarse and thin.
3. The sliver has no twist so there is a high possibility of a loss of fiber as droppings during the draft.
4. After all, the gap between the sliver hank and yarn count is so high that such an extra draft is not possible in a spinning frame.
So for the above reasons rather finer, twisted, and smaller packages produced from simplex machines are used in spinning frames without using slivers.
Functions of roving frame:
The roving frame mainly performs four types of work, i.e
The slivers obtained from the drawing are reduced in weight per unit length by drafting i.e. three over three drafting methods to produce relatively light i.e. low count roving. The simplex machine has 3 pairs of rollers in the drafting zone.
Roving frame introduction objects functions. The fibers in the roving are twisted slightly and wound on the bobbin with slight tension to prevent them from unraveling. As a result of the twist, the strength of the roving is slightly increased and the parallel fibers cannot be detached from the surface of the roving.
Winding is the process of winding the roving out of the front pair of rollers at a certain speed with a slight twist to the bobbin. Making small packages i.e. roving bobbins facilitates transfer.
The building motion works to produce a package of precise regularity and precise volume i.e. roving bobbins. Through building motion reversing, traversing, and lifting motion, the roving bobbin i.e. the two ends of the package are made into a tapper shape, for which the roving cannot be easily damaged when opened from the package.