The necessity of Water Purification in textile. Water is used as an essential raw material in textile wet processing i.e. dyeing, printing, and finishing industries. The wet processing process cannot be imagined without water. Water is commonly used for steam generation in boilers and humidification methods. No matter at what stage the water is to be used, it must be of good use quality. In natural water, any water other than rainwater contains various impurities (metallic salts) which make the water hard. In the textile industry, this water is used for softening.
1. To reduce the heat and fuel wastage of the boiler, to increase the durability of the boiler, and to water the boiler. The need to use soft water in boilers to protect them from accidents is immense.
2. Water softening is required to prevent wastage of soap and detergent in various processes.
3. Water scarring is essential to prevent the accumulation of insoluble hard soaps on the cloth when using hard water during scouring.
4. When hard water is used during dyeing, it reacts with some dyestuff and accumulates as sediment i.e. Dyestuff is a waste. In addition, uneven dyeing is done on the fabric which destroys the quality of the fabric. So At water softening is necessary to get rid of the condition.
5. In addition, if the iron is in the hard water of various washes, it will slip into the fiber of the cloth and cause red spots. Soft Water must be used to prevent this condition.
Advantages of Soft Water and Hard Water:
Necessity of Water Purification in textile-Soft water
1. When soft water is used in industrial boilers, it does not form a coating like hard water.
2. Soap is not wasted when using mild water in textile wet processing.
3. The use of mild water for general care produces enough foam at low soap cost and the fabrics are beautiful.
4. The use of soft water in the textile dyeing process does not waste the dyestuff like hard water and does not create uneven shades on the fabric.
5. In addition, if soft water is used in ordinary cooking, the food is easily cooked and tasted.
Necessity of Water Purification in textile-Hard water:
It is generally believed that there is no benefit in using hard water – it is not. In some cases, hard water is just as beneficial as soft water.
1. Calcium salt is needed to build strong bones and teeth, so hard water is especially useful in building the body of children.
2. Some metallic salts, especially calcium salts, dissolved in hard water are good for health, so a little hard water can be used as drinking water.
3. Lead dissolves much less in hard water than in soft water, so if the drinking water in urban areas is slightly harder, it is safer to supply it through lead pipes as it reduces the risk of lead poisoning.
4. Hard water or mineral water works as a medicine for various types of skin diseases, arthritis, and indigestion.