Factors considered for roller setting in ring spinning:
The setting of the roller usually depends on the following factors.
1. Staple length of fiber
2. Use of apron in drafting
3. Types of fiber
4. Types of the drafting system
5. Amount of roving twist
6. Hank of processed fiber
Table of Contents
1. Staple length of fiber:
It is very important to know the staple length of the fiber for setting the roller. The distance between two pairs of rollers must be greater than the staple length of the fiber. Therefore, before setting the roller, the distance of the roller is determined by adding a small allowance with the staple length of the fiber. https://bdfabric.com/drafting-system-and-roller-setting-in-ring-spinning/
2. Factors considered for roller setting in ring spinning-Use of apron in drafting:
Using the apron in the drafting zone does not require a thorough roller setting. Usually, after the introduction of the high draft apron, the manufacturer sets a standard-setting in the rollers so that the fibers for different staple lengths can be processed without changing the setting. https://bdfabric.com/functions-of-the-ring-spinning-frame/
3. Types of fiber:
The roller setting is very strictly controlled when processing cotton fiber. This is determined by the allowance with the staple length of the fiber. This allowance is usually 3 to 6 percent higher. However, in the case of artificial fiber, the setting, i.e. the distance of the roller, is usually kept much higher.
4. Types of drafting systems:
The setting of the roller depends on the drafting system. The setting is usually consistent with the staple length of the fiber if the roller is drafting, but the roller setting is not strictly controlled when using the high draft apron method.
5. Amount of roving twist:
The roller set is also done depending on what the roving twist is. The higher the roving twist, the higher the setting allowance between the back zone i.e. the middle roller and the last roller.
6. Hank of processed fiber:
In the process of ring frame, if the hank of roving is erased, the allowance in the setting will be more and if it is thin, the allowance in the setting will be less.
Importance of roller setting
The importance of roller setting is given below
1. It is very important to set the roller in line with the length of the fiber.
2. It is possible to get 3% -6% more energy by setting some allowance along with the length of the fiber.
3. Long fibers are not likely to be damaged or torn in the correct roller setting.
4. The control of fiber in the yarn at the right setting is very good.
5. With the right setting the quality of the fibers is good and it is possible to get more strength in the yarn.