Double cloth definition classification and structure:
Table of Contents
Double cloth is usually a cloth with 2 layers, an upper layer, and a lower layer. The upper layer is called face cloth and the lower layer is called backcloth or bottom cloth. Double cloth is made by making this cloth one layer over another and stitching between the two layers. Double cloth is a type of fabric belonging to multilayer fabric of a complex structure. https://bdfabric.com/honeycomb-weave-definition-classification-features/
Definition of double cloth:
Double cloth definition classification and structure. A cloth made by stitching these two layers of face fabric and back fabric is called double cloth. The fabric consists of at least 2 sets of warp and 2 sets of weft yarns. Out of 2 sets of warp yarns, 1 set of warp yarns is called face warp, and the other set of warp yarns is called back warp. Similarly, 1 set of yarn is called face weft and another set of yarn is called back weft. Face warp and face weft are used to make upper layer fabric and back warp and back weft yarn are used to make lower layer fabric. Double cloth is made by stitching these two layers of cloth together. Sometimes this stitching process is done by separate thread or face or back thread. https://bdfabric.com/wadded-double-cloth-definition-purposes-feature-structure/
Classification of double cloth:
Double cloth is divided into the following 5 categories based on its structure.
1. Self-stitched double cloth.
2. Center stitched double cloth.
3. Double cloth stitched by thread interchange.
4. Double cloth stitched by cloth interchange.
5. Alternate single-ply and double-ply construction.
Structure of double cloth:
1. First the face cloth and back cloth should be drawn separately on two separate original weave chart papers.
2. Taking the ratio of the face and back yarns as 1:1, the number of warp yarns equal to the total warp yarns of face and back, and the number of weft yarns equal to the total weft yarns should be determined.
3. Now an odd number of warp and weft yarns act as face yarn and an even number of warp and weft yarns act as back yarn.
4. The face weft should be expanded between the repeats with the face pull and weft yarns and the back weave should be expanded between the repeats with the same pull and weft yarns.
5. Now the bracket of the back weft with the face warp should be shown. Face warp is always back weft will be above It should be marked with a sign.
6. Similarly, between brackets of the back warp and face weft, the back warp will always be below the face weft and is usually shown as an empty cell.
8. Stitching should be given between all repeats. Thus the double cloth design is prepared according to the above rules.