Combined twill definition features structure:
Definition of combined twill:
A twill formed by combining two continuous twills with the same or different repeats along the warp or weft yarn is called a combined twill. This combined or mixed twill is made in various new designs. https://bdfabric.com/stepped-twill-definition-characteristic-classification/
1. It is formed by combining two continuous twills.
2. Combined twills can be formed by twills of the same repeat size or different repeat sizes.
3. Drafting is usually a straight draft.
4. Usually this type of weave is used for warm clothes.
Structure of combined twill:
Combined twill definition features structure. Combined twill can be formed in different patterns or in different ways. When combined with an equal number of original twills, the combined twill is formed according to the following rules.
1. A combined twill is formed along the warp or weft with two designs of an equal number of repeat sizes.
2. For the combined twill along the warp, the repeat of the combined twill is selected with twice the number of warps and an equal number of wefts in the original twill.
3. For a combined twill along the weft, double the number of wefts in the main twill, and the same number of warp yarns are taken.
4. If in the formation of combined twill along the warp, the warp yarns of the two main continuous twills are named differently. One main twill is placed at the place of the odd number of warp yarns of the combined twill and the other main twill is placed at the even-numbered place of the combined twill.
5. If along the wefts form a combined twill, the main continuous twill is two to an odd number of wefts in place of the yarn. Combined twill is formed by placing an even number of warp and weft yarns of one main twill with another main twill.
6. In the case of combined twill along the thread, the repeat size is determined by naming each thread of the main twill with a different name. The main twill is formed at an odd number of places and the main twill at an even number of places is thus combined twill is formed.
7. Combined twill is formed by placing one main twill in the odd-numbered places of the twill and another main twill in the even-numbered places of the created twill by naming each of the main twill yarns with a different name by determining the size of the repeat in the case of combined twill along the wefts.
8. Broken draft is obtained for combined twill along the warped way and a straight draft is obtained for combined twill along the weft way.