Table of Contents
Carding machine setting Definition Considerations. The card set of the carding machine is very important. The taker-in, cylinder, flat, and duffer of the carding machine is beaten by different wires by which the fibers are scraped and brought to the stage of a single fiber.
Moreover, the ashes are somewhat straight and parallel. But when two rollers are side by side, the distance between the two rollers is fixed. Since the two rollers are covered by wires, the value of the sliver produced depends on this distance. So the distance between the different rollers of the carding machine is very important. The quality of the sliver produced depends largely on the card set. If the card set is not proper, on the one hand, the sliver is not free from dirt, and on the other hand, the produced sliver will not be balanced.
Carding machine setting Definition Considerations- card setting:
The distance between the different rollers of the carding machine such as feed roller, taker-in, cylinder, flat and duffer, etc., which perform carding and stripping work, is called card setting.
Carding machine setting Definition Considerations-Importance of card setting:
The value of the sliver produced depends on the card set. The carding machine removes waste particles from the blow-room. The removal of these wastes depends on the card set. Setting the rollers closer will remove more waste and increasing the distance of the setting will reduce the waste. Again the setting also depends on the length of the fiber. If the staple length of the fiber used is large, the setting is enlarged and if it is shortened, the setting is trimmed. Excessive proximity increases fiber wastage.
1. The card setting removes dirt, dust, and other wastes from the fiber.
2. Card setting is required to remove tiny fibers located in the fiber.
3. Card setting is required to bring the scales to a single scales stage.
4. Above all, to improve the fibers’ quality, the fibers are made straight and parallel with the removal of waste.
Considerations of card setting:
The card set depends on the following factors.
1. The length of the fiber
2. The amount of trash
3. Lap Hank
4. Sliver hank
5. The amount of waste eliminated
6. The condition of the carding machine
1. Fiber length: The card setting depends mainly on the length of the cotton fiber. Using larger lengths will increase the distance to the card setting and using shorter fibers will reduce the distance to the setting.
2. Amount of Trash: Trash usually refers to other non-essential items such as broken leaves, dead leaves, dust, dirt, seed fragments, etc. In cotton processing, 60-65% of the trash is removed in the blow-room line and the remaining trash is removed in the carding machine. If the amount of trash is more, the distance of setting is increased and if the amount of trash is less, the distance of setting is reduced.
3. Lap Hank: The card set largely depends on Lap Hank. If the lap is matte and heavy, the distance of setting will increase and if the lap is thin and light, the distance of setting will decrease.
4. Sliver Hank: The card set is based on the sliver hank thick / thinner produced from the carding machine. The distance of the card set should be increased to make the hunk of the produced sliver heavier and the distance of the card setting should be reduced to make the hunk of the sliver thinner.
5. Amount of wastage: The wastage rate of the carding machine depends a lot on the card set. The closer the setting, the higher the rate of dissipation, and the greater the distance of the setting, the lower the amount of dissipation. However, in this case, some settings also give the opposite result.
6. Condition of carding machine: If the carding machine is in a very good mechanical position, the rate of waste will be less and if the condition of the machine is bad in different aspects, the rate of waste will be higher. If the cylinder, duffer, taker-in, etc. wire points are good, it is possible to make proper setting and control the waste.